Join our website! Click on the "More" tab above,
then the "Friends of St. Lucas" tab. Follow the instructions there.
Historic, Yet Progressive, St. Lucas Church
St. Lucas Affirmation of Welcome
A Reconciling in Christ Congregation (RIC)
In accord with the Gospel of Jesus Christ St. Lucas welcomes all. By this we mean we extend the radical welcome of Jesus to people of any age, race, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic level, mental health diagnosis, recovery status, education level, or previous religious experience to participate in the sacramental life and work of our congregation.
Donate to St. Lucas
745 Walbridge Ave.
Toledo, OH 43609
CHRIST IS RISEN! ALLELUIA!
In Person Worship Policy at St. Lucas During Covid-19 Pandemic
Here are some parameters for our in person
service when we offer it.
Please understand our caution as our care for you and the community:
- Do not attend if you are sick or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19
- We encourage people who are in “at risk” groups to remain at home and watch the live stream, which will continue for all three services.
- We will need to register worshipers at the door for contact tracing, if ever needed
- 9am worshipers will sit on the lectern side 10:30 worshipers on the pulpit side, so we don’t have to sterilize pews between services.
- Worship time not to exceed 30-40 minutes.
- There will be a requirement to wear masks. Masks will be provided at the door for those who do not have one.
- No congregating in the narthex, when talking outside, please practice physical distancing
- ¨ Elevator will be closed due to concerns about its small space and breath particles in it
- The Saturday 4pm service will not meet in person immediately due space and cleaning concerns before Sunday worship. We are working on a plan for 4pm in person.
- The following Sunday (July 19) Pastor Billmeier will be on vacation, so there will be no in person worship that Sunday, only live stream. After review of how July 12 went we will resume in person opportunity to worship on July 26, if it seems advisable.
- Each worshiper will receive a wrapped communion wafer at the door to use during consecration; we will use
- There will be no corporate singing or speaking per ELCA guidelines on safe worship practices.
- Please refrain from using the restroom, if at all possible
- Stay in pews until dismissed after the postlude, please
Daily Devotions ON FACEBOOK Live! Join us on the St. Lucas Facebook page Monday-Friday: www.facebook.com/StLucasLutheranChurch:
9am Morning Prayer
Noon Midday Prayer
9pm Night Prayer
A few moments of music & prayer offered three times daily.. We offer this service as a way to stay connected to the Lord and find the promises of Jesus in this difficult time in our world. Sundays 6 & 9pm devotions only. Tune in to our worship live stream on Sunday mornings & Saturday afternoons.
3. Ziploc sandwich bags
4. Big bags of fresh fruit (apples, oranges, etc.)
5. Small (to fit in the grocery bags) bags of chips, pretzels, etc.
- WORSHIP We continue to live-stream worship on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/StLucasLutheranChurch at our regular weekend times (4pm Saturday, 9 & 10:30am Sunday). Holy Communion will be offered via live stream only (not posted on Facebook) at all three weekend worship services. Prepare a small amount of bread and wine at home if you wish to participate. We will sign off after the prayers and sign back in, so that the consecration will be live only and the first part of the service can be posted on Facebook. Please do send in your church offering or begin to give electronically using the "Donate" button on this webpage.
- FUNERALS Church Council has set as a policy that we ask that only private (family) funeral or graveside services be performed or that memorial services be planned at a later date for any funerals.
- OFFERINGS Please send us your offering, since in-person church is not available at this time. You may also drop your off offering when pastor is there during the Cindy’s Corner hours (around 9:30-1:00, call the office to let us know you are coming 419-243-8189. Just buzz the front door and we will buzz you in to drop your offering inside the door, then we'll come down and get it. Thanks to the many who have mailed, dropped off or made electronic offerings through our PayPal button on our website: www.stlucastoledo.org
- AA AND GED The Monday & Thursday 10am and Friday 7pm AA groups are now meeting with Covid-19 protocols in place.
Sunday Morning Early Service
formal liturgy in the St. Lucas main sanctuary. We sing a variety of
hymns old and new.
Sunday Morning Late Service
Beautiful higher liturgy with the
participation of the St. Lucas choir. We use a variety of styles
seasonally and sing a good mix of hymns old and new, accompanied by the
beautiful St. Lucas pipe organ.
Casual, warm and intimate worship service held in the St. Lucas Lower Church. We sing hymns mostly from the African American hymnal "This Far By Faith" and the contemporary praise hymnal "Worship and Praise."
- Holy Communion is
celebrated at all weekend worship services.
- Elevator from street level
to sanctuary & lower church
- Lighted parking lot with monitoring for evening services
- For more information, please contact the church office at:
A Quick Guide to Our Ministries
Thursday 10:00- 11:30am
St. Lucas members pick up remaining bread from Panera on Wednesday night so we can distribute it FREE to those for whom it is a help.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Noon-12:45pm
3rd Tuesday of Every Month 6-7:00pm in the Sanctuary
The St. Lucas healing team is administers healing touch, anointing for healing, or healing prayer. Come and go at any time during the healing times.
Low cost clothing, household goods and other items to help those with lower incomes.
Twice a Year: First Weekends of May & October
Also need help clerking and preparing lunch during the sale.
There are many thoughts to ponder from this sermon....but here are just 2; Drawing distinctions in people (if it weren't for these people we would be happy) and in today's gospel Jesus said (and we are paraphrasing) it is not what goes into your mouth but what comes out.
Todays lessons: Isaiah 56:1, 6-8, Psalm 67, Romans 11:1-2a, 29-32, Matthew 15: 10-28
Please visit our Facebook page for older videos.
Faith: The experience of the Presence of God.
March 6 March 13
Mar 20 Palm Sunday
Easter He is Risen,
He is Risen, Indeed!